Translate

Sunday, August 14, 2011

GIVING & RECEIVING MINISTRY RESOURCES

Sun, Aug 7, 2011

Our hosts decided to give us what was left of the morning to rest. Having arrived at our hotel at 4 a.m. this was quite welcome.

Before leaving Canada, two people asked me to bring some ministry resources to Cuba. These were to go to two different individuals. I was somewhat concerned about how I was going to make contact with them. When our hosts arrived at 1 p.m. to pick us up for lunch, however, they told us that one of the individuals I was to contact was having lunch with us. Unknown to me, she was a good friend of our hosts.

When I asked about the second individual, my host told me that he had phoned about meeting me and so he invited him to the conference tomorrow morning. I was encouraged to see the hand of the Lord in this. He had so wonderfully opened the door for me to be a vehicle for these two Christian workers to receive necessary resources for their ministries. To God be the glory!

After lunch I spent time with my translator. We were able to speak about the messages and the direction I felt the Lord was taking me for the conference tomorrow morning.

My translator gave me a completed translation of my commentary on the epistles of John and Jude. This is now the third book to be translated in the Spanish New Testament series.

That afternoon I gave out 3 Spanish commentaries on the Epistles of Thessalonians and Timothy and a CD containing a number of my English commentaries.

We had a couple of hours to relax in the afternoon before meeting with the ministry team for supper in the evening.

It was encouraging, over supper to hear about the burden of the Eastern Baptist church to equip their leaders in ministry. All three Cubans with us for the evening meal had ministries in discipleship and leadership training.

No comments:

Post a Comment