Translate

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Las Tunas Conference: Day 2

Thu, Aug 11, 2011

I woke up this morning still feeling sick. I was up several time in the night with an upset stomach, sore throat and aching bones. Despite this the Lord gave grace to speak twice, first on God's call to friendship (philos) love and second on his call to die to the flesh and live in the Spirit.

After the first meeting a young man came up to me and told me that two years ago he was suffering with depression. My translator and I prayed for him and the Lord healed the depression. He is now preaching in his church. He asked if I could send him any material I had that could help him in his ministry. I am thankful to the Lord that I now have Spanish books I can send him in the mail.

I also met a medical student from Guyana who had come to Cuba to study medicine. She told me that there were a number of students studying in Cuba from her country. She gave me her address so I could send her English books.

By noon, after speaking twice, I was feeling very worn out and sick. My translator offered me the use of his room during the final session of the morning. I found a place on the floor and was able to sleep for about half an hour. My translator has now became sick with similar symptoms as did another speaker on the team. We are trusting the Lord for strength for another day.

My commentary on the book of Acts arrived today in Las Tunas. They are being distributed to the participants of the conference. Each participant will go home with their own copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment